Jump to navigation Jump to search
The WTF Value is a number that gets randomly generated shortly after Kel pulls Aubrey out of the Neighbor's Room stump during the prologue, immediately after leaving White Space for the first time.
This number determines which random events will occur in that playthrough. As a general rule of thumb, higher WTF values will result in more oddities occurring.
- If the WTF Value is 2 or higher, a "photo of someone familiar" will appear in the second Junkyard tunnel. If the party interacts with it while Omori is leading, Something will appear for a split second before the photo completely vanishes.
- If the WTF Value is 3 or higher, a hanged figure, identical to those found in the Fishbowl Area, will appear in the top right corner of the Lost Forest's last room. It will eventually disappear and play a sound effect if Omori attempts to approach it.
- If the WTF Value is 4 or higher, the Simple Roach will appear in the upper right corner of the Royal Kitchen. If spoken to, it will say "Ah! I've been spotted! Please don't tell anyone I'm here! I just like digging in the pantry... I mean... who doesn't?" before fading away.
- If the WTF Value is 5 or higher, a Roamin' Cow will appear travelling down the Endless Highway, saying "Roamin'... roamin'... roamin'..." if interacted with.
- If the WTF Value is 6 or higher, Stranger can be seen for a handful of frames when exiting a house near Basil's grandmother in North Lake, during the screen transition.
- If the WTF Value is 6 or higher, Something will appear in the lower left corner of the telescope view of the lighthouse.
- If the WTF Value is 6 or higher, the Blue Girl in the Beach Area will say "Don't talk to me." if interacted with.
- If the WTF Value is 6 or higher and the player has opened the door for Mari on the first night, Hellmari will briefly appear over the bed of Sunny's mother the next time Sunny visits her bedroom. It will vanish after a short period of time.
- If the WTF Value is 7 or higher, a running melon can be seen on the Snowy Field that precedes Snowglobe Mountain. Catching up with it and smashing it will grant the party a single piece of Tofu. This can only be seen on the Omori route.
- If the WTF Value is 8 or higher, the Spelling Bee will appear at the end of the Experiment 667 chase in Humphrey.
- If the WTF Value is 8 or higher, Basil's grandmother can be found in one of the North Lake maps. If interacted, she will ask "Have you seen my grandson?".
- If the WTF Value is 9 or higher, Daddy Longlegs would have been found in the same room as the Rare Bear in Pyrefly Forest. He would have disappeared quickly and had no dialogue for this occasion. In practice, this never occurs: The requirement for this to happen would be visiting Pyrefly Forest before Otherworld, which is completely impossible.
- If the WTF Value is 9 or higher, a Squizzard will spawn in the lower right corner of the Seacow Farm. It spins around and cannot be fought, even if interacted with.
- If the WTF Value is 13. a Humphrey that is reading a book will say "I fucking love air conditioning" in the room preceding the water slide section in Humphrey. Talking to him again will produce his normal dialogue.
- If the WTF Value is 13, the movers on the last day of the Omori route will turn into Strangers, similar to Basil and his grandmother.
- Tiffany Darling will offer the team differing amounts of clams depending on the WTF Value, with lower values giving more clams.
- If the WTF Value is between 1 to 3 then she will give the group 2000 clams.
- If the WTF Value is between 4 to 6 then she will give the group 1000 clams.
- If the WTF Value is between 7 to 9 then she will give the group 500 clams.
- If the WTF Value is between 10 to 13 then she will give the group 100 clams.
- The number assigned to the variable is 143.
- The concept of a specific number randomly generated at the start of every save file affecting random, often unsettling, events is reminiscent of Undertale's Fun Value.
- The secret Humphrey dialogue is the only instance of explicit profanity in the game, and has earned itself a special mention in the ESRB rating.