Rare Bear is an enemy found at Pyrefly Forest near Mush, at the VIP room nearby the previous location and at Sweetheart's Castle. At Pyrefly Forest it will quickly follow the player that gets too close to it, while on the VIP room and the one nearby Rococo will only attack if interacted, however, the group found inside the secret dungeon at the Sweetheart's castle courtyard will relentlessly follow the player as soon as the door is open regardless of the player's position.
In addition to small changes in behavior, Rare Bear will also change its stats when angry, being the following:
- While in any other emotion: 700 heart, 225 juice, 15 attack, 15 defense, 10 speed and 10 luck.
- While angry: 700 heart, 225 juice, 45 attack, 30 defense, 41 speed, and 15 luck, it will also never miss, unless affected by Kel's 'Can't Catch me'.
|20% chance of doing a normal attack.
Else, it will roar, turning itself angry.
|350 exp, 300 if sad.
|It will always do a normal attack.||650 exp.
Additionally, it will always start the battle angry.
Skills that can be used when observe is used against the target are marked with .
attack: [2 * a.atk - b.def] (default).
Roar: Turn the user angry.
* Rare Bear slashes at [target]! * Rare Bear lets out a huge roar!
* Rare Bear hugs [target]!
- The player will need to defeat a specific Rare Bear nearby Rococo's room to obtain a teddy bear for Candlie, for the quest "A Good Listener".
- When Rare Bear's neutral, happy or sad, it also has lower magic defense and magic attack, despite both being unused in the game.
- It also has two unused counter-like skills called "counter swipe setup" and "counter swipe skill", but it lacks any text associated with it.
- The "bear hug" skill use this action text, it would deal higher damage and apply a speed debuff.