Gator Guy (enemy)
Gator Guy is an enemy that can be found at several locations around Headspace, being fought in the Last Resort, it will also be summoned by Mr. Jawsum to back him up, they can only be fought before saving Hero, after it, it will have some dialogues when interacted with instead.
It will only chase the player when it "sees" the party, and then will relentlessly chase them, but without going up or down the stairs.
There exist three or four variants that can be fought in the game:
In this case, it has 500 heart, 150 juice, 30 attack, 13 defense, 20 speed and 10 luck. Like most enemies, It will behave as stated below:
When fought inside the casino (and Kel is not toast), Kel will occasionally play the slots, with a 50% chance of winning or losing up to 200 clams. They will also have several dialogues about either Kel or Aubrey.
When fought in the construction area, the party won't be able to run away, and once returning to the area after defeating them, they will have unique dialogues instead of battle.
Mr. Jawsum boss fight
Mr. Jawsum will constantly summon one Gator Guy, up to two at the same time, that will take all damage done to him. For both the first encounter and the fight during Boss Rush, its behavior will be the same, with only different stats:
- First encounter: 300 heart, 150 juice, 40 attack, 10 defense, 30 speed and 10 luck.
- Boss Rush: 2200 heart, 85 juice, 100 attack, 60 defense, 70 speed and 10 luck.
Additionally, it will ignore the effects of during this battle.
Bossman Hero fight
Please note that this variant is exclusive to the console and gamepass edition of Omori.
This type of gator guy will ignore the effects of observe.
6000 heart, 3000 juice, 80 attack, 65 defense, 70 speed (80 if sad or angry), and 10 luck.
Skills that can be used when observe is used against the target are marked with .
Attack: [2 * a.atk - b.def] (default).
Rough up: [1.5 * a.atk - b.def], this attack will never hit right in the heart.
* Gator Guy karate chomps [target]! * Gator Guy cracks his knuckles. * Gator Guy gets rough.
- With Kel in the party:
* Gator Guy: Who said you could leave your post? Get back to work! * Gator Guy: Alright pal... You're not making it past me this time. * Gator Guy: This is as far as you go! Mr. Jawsum is not gonna be happy to see you again. * Gator Guy: You little troublemaker... What are you up to now? * Gator Guy: What are you doing in here!? You're in breach of contract! * Gator Guy: Abandoning your post again? You're in real trouble now, keh heh... * Gator Guy: Aren't you tired of getting thrown out, kid!?
- With Kel and Aubrey in the party:
* Gator Guy: There's three of you now!? Wait 'til the boss gets a load of this! * Gator Guy: There's two of you now!? Wait 'til the boss gets a load of this!
* Gator Guy roughs up [target]! * Gator Guy calls for backup! * Gator Guy: You know the drill, boys. Eighty-six 'em. * Gator Guy: Hey, kid! Fork over [variable] clams and we'll let you off easy this time. * Gator Guy: Nice doin' business with ya.<ref name="bribe" /ref> * Gator Guy: Tsk, tsk... What a shame!<ref name="bribe" /ref> * Gator Guy: Tsk, tsk... Sorry, bud. You ain't got enough!<ref name="bribe" /ref>
- They are referred to as "Mafia Alligator" in some files.
- There are unique interactions when encountering more than one Gator Guy inside the casino, they would have a 1/9 chance of asking for a bribe between 25 and 125 clams, with two outcomes:
- If the party accepts it: They would grab the clams and run away from combat, ending the battle.
- If the player declines or don't have enough clams: They would have become enraged.
However, since it's impossible to encounter more than one in the Casino area, such interaction is impossible to occur.
- Originally, in the Bossman Hero fight both Gator Guys were supposed to be able to accept contracts. It is unknown why this was cut.
- On the console ports of the game, their skill "Rough Up" can hit in the heart.
- An variation for the "rough up" skill action text.
- Would be used for the "backup" skill that only exists on the text files, it seems it would be a "call for a friend" type of skill.
- Battle text exclusive to the double Gator Guy encounter.
- Used on the interaction bribe interaction found on the double Gator Guy encounter, the first refers to the bribe text, the second if the player accepts the offer, the third if they decline it, and the latter if there are not enough clams.