Sweetheart is a boss enemy fought at the end of day two, opening the way to the Lost Library afterward, she appears several times throughout the story after it and drives a big part of the Dreamworld plot from the prologue to the very end inside Humphrey by being the direct or indirect cause of many of the problems Omori and his friends need to solve, she also has a soft spot for Hero, as stated in her Foe Facts!.
She can be fought twice, once during the story and later on the Boss Rush.
Like stated before, she can be fought twice, whatever the only difference is her stats and rewards, which are as stated:
- First encounter: 3300 heart, 1650 juice, 30 attack, 25 defense, 40 speed and 10 luck (rewards with 5800 exp and 1376 clams).
- Boss Rush: 7600 heart, 3800 juice, 90 attack, 70 defense, 130 speed and 20 luck (does not give rewards).
Like most enemies, she will act differently according to her emotion:
Additionally, she will lock her emotions three times during the fight:
- At 80% she will become happy.
- At 50% she will become ecstatic.
- At 30% she will become manic.
Sweetheart also has a 90% hit rate instead of 95% like other enemies, and on the first encounter, her base luck goes up to 30 when ecstatic and manic.
Skills that can be used when observe is used against the target are marked with .
Attack: [2 * a.atk - b.def] (default).
Sharp insult: [a.atk] to all party members, it will never hit right in the heart and its variation is only 10%, it will also turn the party angry.
Swing mace: [2.5 * a.atk - b.def], affects all the party.
Brag: Turn the user happy.
* Sweetheart slaps [target]. * Sweetheart insults everyone! * Sweetheart orders a servant to bring her a snack. * Sweetheart swings her mace! * Sweetheart boasts about one of her many, many talents!
Reacting to player actions
- If Hero uses "charm", "smile", "captivate" or "mesmerize" skills:
* Sweetheart: OH HERO! MY HERO!! * Sweetheart: YOUR SMILE CHARMS MY HEART! * Sweetheart: I WILL MAKE IT MINE!!
- Someone eats a donut:
* Sweetheart: How dare you eat a donut in my presence!
- Transition to happy locked:
* Sweetheart: It's pointless, you fools! You cannot dampen my positive energy!
- 65% :
* Sweetheart: You dare raise your fists at me!? * Sweetheart: Fools! You should be grovelling on your knees!
- Transition to ecstatic:
* Sweetheart: Oho! My beauty and grace is boundless and everlasting... * Sweetheart: It's a shame that you won't be able to enjoy it for much longer!
- Transition to manic:
* Sweetheart: I see you are still standing. * Sweetheart: Cockroaches are resilient, I suppose! * Sweetheart: OHOHOH OHOHOHO!
* Sweetheart: No... Is this... What they call defeat? * Sweetheart: I cannot accept this... I will not accept this! * Sweetheart: You're all nothing but a bunch of lowly peasants!
When defeating the player
* Sweetheart: OHOHOH OHOHOHO! * Sweetheart: This was child's play! You're all nothing but a bunch of lowly peasants! * Sweetheart: To the dungeon with you!
- Her unique ecstatic and manic states follow slightly different rules compared to Omori's emotions, this can be seen better on the battle system page.
- When Hero uses any charm type skill, in addition to the dialogue shown above, Hero will also be healed 100 heart.
- Her "swing mace" skill has this variation of action text.
- For what seems to be an unexisting self healing skill.