Mari is home
Mari is home, and by extension the Red Room, can normally only be accessed through a secret in the Backyard Area.
Mari is home closely resembles Sunny's home, but with minor changes, most drastically to the piano room.
How to enter
- Make sure that you are on the true route. Alternatively, the area can still be accessed if you have 'abandoned' the true route by ignoring Kel on Two Days Left and going back to bed.
- Progress normally up until to the Backyard area.
- There, collect the key, wait 143 seconds and jump off the missing tiles.
- After you get warped into an empty void, head up and interact with the only object in said void.
- Afterward, head south from the door that leads to the corrupted junkyard to find a set of swings with a door near it. This door leads to the event.
- If on an abandoned true route, the event can be accessed from the Water Walkway normally after defeating the Lost Library phobias and gaining access to Black Space 2. The door will exist so long as you went outside at least once.
Mari is home
Sunny's living room is barren and derelict; the walls are scratched, and much of the furniture is missing. The stairwell room is completely missing the closet.
An enormous Stranger towers over the room, leering in. Omori's sketchbook can be found in the lower left corner, but it cannot be interacted with. Otherwise, the room looks the same as Sunny's normal bedroom.
The bathroom is a lot smaller, featuring only a bathtub and a noose.
The piano room has no window. Kel, Aubrey and Hero can be found here, cryptically talking about Mari's arrival back home, and their belief that she is shunning them. Near them, in place of the grand piano, is a trapdoor that leads into the Corridor.
A small hallway underneath the Piano Room. There is a door at the bottom; interacting with it will reveal that Mari is behind the door. After a bit of empty dialogue, the game will give Omori a choice to open the door or to ignore her.
If the door is ignored and Omori walks away, Mari will break in as Hellmari and chase Omori. If she catches him, she will throw him out of the house altogether, putting him back at the Water Walkway. He can immediately reenter the door to revisit the event, but there will be multiple changes.
If the door is opened then it will play a short animation, akin to the Mari jumpscare in the first night, and grant you access to Red Room.
Please note that Mari will still come out and chase Omori if he simply walks away.
A big expansive room filled with tree stumps with knives in them. Near the tree stumps are flower crowns. Exactly in the middle, Omori can climb up an invisible ladder and access a closed off area of the room. In this area, there are several somethings enclosed by fences.
Aubrey: "Hey, Omori... I think your sister is ignoring us. Maybe you should go talk to her."
Kel: "We can't have a picnic without Mari!"
Hero: "Mari hasn't been home in a long time... She just needs some room to adjust."
- Several things in this area change altogether if Omori either ignores the door and is caught by Hellmari, or revisits the area after entering the Red Room.
- Something appears in the kitchen.
- This particular sighting appears to be glitched, as Something's animation doesn't play out properly, and the typical laughter plays at 1% volume.
- Mari appears in Sunny's room. She refuses to face Omori, seemingly shunning him.
- Kel, Aubrey and Hero will no longer be in the piano room. The trapdoor will also be covered by the grand piano that typically occupies the room. This notably means that the Red Room cannot be revisited, and cannot be visited at all should Omori ignore the door.
- All the doors in the hallway leading to Sunny's room, the bathroom and his mother's bedroom will be hanging open.
- When Mari speaks to Omori in the Corridor, her dialogue is internally stored as multiple RPGMaker 'empty' characters.
- The sprites for Kel, Aubrey and Hero change depending on what route the player is on. On a Sunny route, they will be their Faraway selves, while on an Omori route, they will be the dream selves.
- The only way to see this occur is through cheating. While the event can be accessed on a mixed route, Sunny's friends will still resemble their Faraway selves.
- This is unusual as Sunny has not met Hero at that point of time.
- Mari will always appear as her real world self regardless of the route.
- The Red Room bares striking similarity to Red Space, down to sharing the same background and strange, droning ambience.
- There is code that suggests that the red room could have been accessed through other circumstances.
- Namely, through a blackletter hole.
- If the player would have accessed the room via the other circumstances, they wouldn't be able to reach the Something zoo and the knifes in the stumps would not be there.
- An overlay will be applied if Omori walks to the very top of the Red Room, in the Something zoo. It will remain until Omori steps away.
- This room forcefully equip the knife on Omori. It is impossible to switch afterwards, unless the player is on the mixed route.
- An alternate version of the little Basil's can be found here. In another (cut) room, this kind of little Basil turns into an enemy.
- One knife uses the wrong sprite, turning it into a TV.
- There are events hidden in the void on the left of the entrance. They can only be accessed via cheating.
- The bathtub was supposed to disappear after the player left Red Room or got caught by Mari.