For a better understanding of the battle-specific mechanics, see also Kite Kid (enemy).
There are two variants that can be fought depending on how much the player progress before fighting Kite Kid. however, both have no reward upon being defeated, and the only difference is the stats:
- Before epilogue: 175 heart, 90 juice, 26 attack, 10 defense, 40 speed and 10 luck.
- During epilogue: 3000 heart, 1500 juice, 100 attack, 35 defense, 100 speed and 10 luck.
Like most enemies, it will behave differently according to its emotion:
Skills that can be used when observe is used against the target are marked with .
Attack: [2 * a.atk - b.def] (default).
Fly 2: [2 * a.atk - b.def] to all party.
* Kid's Kite dives at [Target]! * Kid's Kite swoops down! * Kid's Kite puffs its chest proudly!
* Kid's Kite flies up really high! 
- The "fly 2" skill, combined with the fight's mechanics during the epilogue, can easily hit for 300 even without hitting right in the heart.
- The unused "fly" skill would use this action text, this skill would work as a one turn "charge" (like Pokemon's "fly" move) for its "fly 2" skill, also applying a "jump" state on the user during the charging, presumably so attacks couldn't hit it.