Hushpuppy is an enemy that can be found in Orange Oasis, it will only show up if you sacrifice the Stray Cat in the Dough Dungeon, it will engage in combat if it touches any party member, chasing much slower than normal, yet will never give up its chase.
Like most enemies, it will behave differently in battle based on its emotion:
Skills that can be used when observe is used against the target are marked with .
Attack: [2 * a.atk - b.def], it will never hit right in the heart and it will always do "afraid" damage.
Muffled screams: Turn the target afraid.
* Hush Puppy: Shhhhhhhhhhhh...
* Hushpuppy rams into [target]! * Hushpuppy tries to bark... But nothing happened... * Hushpuppy starts screaming!
* Hush Puppy: Shh... be very, VERY quiet....
- This is one of the few creature that can afflict afraid status to the party that shows up in the Foe Facts!, on the same topic, it also shares the BGM of all common fear enemies, as well as the darker, black and white like battlefield, which also makes it harder to tell its emotion state.
- It's referred as "Hush Puppy" in some of the game files, including at it battle texts, as seen above.
- It's one of the few enemies that does "afraid" damage.
- The "muffled screams" skill would use this battle text, but there are no triggers related to it.