This article is about Heights as a boss in the dream world, for the real-life counterpart, go to Something in the Dark.
Fear of Heights is an optional boss enemy the player can fight during the epilogue, it represents the player's repressed fear of heights, as seen in the game during the prologue. Suppressing it in the dream world rewards Omori the 'Vertigo' skill, a powerful skill that does damage based on agility and decrease all enemies' speed.
It has 6000 heart, 4000 juice, 120 attack, 100 defense, 80 speed and 10 luck. It is immune to emotions, and will behave as follow:
35% chance of doing a normal attack.
15% chance of doing nothing.
25% chance to reduce all attack, decreasing all the party members' attack.
30% chance to defense up, increasing its defense.
else, it will shove, dealing his attack as damage to a target, and turning it afraid.
Additionally, it must be defeated within 10 turns, else, the party will take 999 damage and die, this mechanic ignores Omori's "plot armor".
Heights ignores the effects of Observe .
Attack: [2 * a.atk - b.def]. This attack will never hit right in the heart.
Reduce all attack: decrease everyone's attack by one tier.
Defense up: increase its own defense by one tier.
Shove: [a.atk], also inflicting afraid. This attack will never hit right in the heart.
* Something strikes [target]. * Hands appear and grab everyone! * More hands appear and surround Something. * Something shoves [target]. * Something taunts [target] as he falls.
Start of battle
* You are falling. * [variable 10] turns left.
* [variable 1-9] turns left. * You hit the ground.
* Something takes its anger out on everyone!
- Heights does give 10000 exp and 1000 clams. However, since the battle ends abruptly, the party does not receive it.
- An unexisting "release anger" skill would use this action text.