After learning that Aubrey has stolen the Photo Album, Sunny and Kel decide to interrogate each member of the Hooligans for Aubrey's whereabouts. After handling Angel, Charlene, and The Maverick, the boys find Kim and Vance at the candy shop in Othermart.
The two of them are caught stealing to satisfy their addiction and almost leave empty-handed until Kel attempts to bribe them with candy he bought after they were kicked out. This results in a battle for them to get the candy and leave, or be forced to tell Sunny and Kel where Aubrey went. Regardless of the outcome, Kim will tell the two that Aubrey went to the Church.
Regardless of whether the player defeats Vance or not, the outcome will still progress the story.
|65% chance of doing a normal attack.|
25% chance of doing nothing.
45% chance of throwing old candy at all targets
Else, Vance will turn the target sad by teasing them.
Like many other Faraway enemies, Vance will prioritize Kel as it will always target the highest speed party member.
Attack: [2 * a.atk - b.def], this attack will never hit right in the heart.
Candy throw: [2 * a.atk], this attack will never hit right in the heart.
Tease: Turns the target sad.
* Vance punches [target]! * Vance scratches his belly. * Vance throws old candy! * Vance starts making fun of [target]!
- 50% :
* Vance: Ouch... That hurts.
* Vance: Dang... All I wanted was some taffy.
When defeating the player
* Vance: So... uh... Can we get that taffy now?
* Vance: Here's some decade-old candy!
- Vance was originally meant to have different emotion states like the other Faraway enemies but this wasn't fully used in-game.
- However, one can still access these states by hacking through mods.
- The "candy throw" skill could use this battle text before being used.