Nefarious Chip is an optional mini-boss enemy that can be fought in Orange Oasis. He will appear if the player sacrifices the oatmeal cookies on the summoning circle. His appearance is of an evil looking stove.
Picking up the oatmeal cookies after summoning Papa Chip will trigger several remarks from him and will force the player to put the plate back in its place, however, if the player insists, Papa Chip will turn away and let the player pick up the plate.
Like most enemies, he will act differently according to his emotion:
Skills that can be used when observe is used against the target are marked with .
Attack: [2 * a.atk - b.def] (default).
Evil laugh: Turns the user happy.
Evil cookies: [2 * a.atk - b.def] randomly to the party three times.
Evil cookies happy: [2 * a.atk - b.def] randomly to the party four times.
* Nefarious Chip charges into [target]! * Nefarious Chip strokes his evil moustache! * Nefarious Chip laughs like the evil villain he is! * Nefarious Chip throws oatmeal cookies! * Nefarious Chip launches oatmeal cookies!
* Nefarious Chip: Mamma-mia... * Nefarious Chip: Is... Is getting hot in here, no?
* Nefarious Chip: Molto triste...
Defeating the player
* Nefarious Chip: YAHOO! WAA-HAA!!
* Nefarious Chip throws oatmeal cookies at everyone! How Evil!
- It's not necessary to defeat Nefarious Chip to get the password to progress to the Unbread Twins, as you can put the plate back and not summon him.
- He is referred sometimes to as "Evil Chip" or "uncle Chip" on the game files.
- Papa Chip: Papa Chip sees you eyeing that plate of oatmeal cookies. Papa Chips warns you now for your own sake... Don't do it!.
Papa Chip: Now listen here... Papa Chip has saved a great deal of explorers by warning them of the plethora of dangers in these tombs.
Papa Chip: You'd best listen to Papa Chip's advice.
Papa Chip: Step... away... from the oatmeal cookies..
Papa Chip: Please travelers... Papa Chip is begging you! Don't do it! Do not waste your precious young lives on something so fruitless!.
You took the oatmeal cookies despite Papa Chip's warnings.
Papa Chip: Oh! You've done it now! Oh doughie, you've done it now! Papa Chip can't look!.
- His "evil cookies" skill has this variation of action text.